The Telinc WAN Tester III is a sophisticated bit error rate T3 tester in a compact, hand held package
The WAN Tester lll can test a wide variety of communications facilities and equipment including T-1, fractional T-1, E-1, fractional E-1, T-3 and E-3 modems, multiplexers, CSU/DSUs, T-1 CSUs, DTUs, NTUs and TIUs. It is supplied with user-changeable nickel metal hydride batteries and a built-in charger.
In the T-1 and E-1 modes, the Tester displays bit errors, transmit and receive frequency, test seconds, bit error rate and G.821 performance measurements. A variety of test patterns can be inserted in all or selected DS0s/TimeSlots, continuous or non-contiguous, making the Tester ideal for fractional T-1 or E-1 testing. Because it contains two T-1/E-1framers, it can measure bit and frame slips as well as monitor and listen to both the TX and RX DS0s and TimeSlots simultaneously. It can also perform Drop/Insert (D/I) testing a single DS0 or TimeSlot without interfering with the remaining ones.
Easy to Use T3 Tester
The WAN Tester III can be controlled from the front panel, any PC on your network via TELNET, or from a local or remote terminal. It includes a 320 x 240 Color LCD display that shows selected mode, test and operating parameters. Parameters are selected by scrolling through values stored in the Tester.
- Tests asynchronous, synchronous, T-1, fractional T-1, E-1 and fractional E-1, T-3 and E-3 facilities and equipment
- Includes dual T-1, dual E-1, dual T-3, dual E-3 interfaces, V.35, RS232, RS422/RS530, X.21 and HSSI as standard
- Data rates from 50 bps to 50 Mbps
- Color LCD, TELNET, VT100 or Command Line Interface control
- Includes a LAN interface for TELNET and TFTP
- AC or battery power
The following is a partial list of the WAN Tester III applications:
- Async Mode – Tests asynchronous modems and CRT terminals.
- Sync Mode – Tests the customer interface on DDS, T-1 and T-3 CSU/DSUs, mux channels and synchronous modems.
- DDS Mode – Simulates a DDS CSU/DSU to test a DDS line or emulates a central office to test DDS CSU/DSUs>
- T-1 Mode – Tests T-1 lines, CSU/DSUs both short and long haul, T-1 muxes and drops from T-3 muxes
- E-1 Mode – Tests E-1 lines, NTUs and DTUs, E-1 muxes and drops from T-3/E-3 muxes
- T-3 Mode – Tests T-3 lines and muxes and T-1/E-1 channels on T-3 facilities
- E-3 Mode – Tests E-3 lines and muxes