The WAN Tester 1 can test a wide variety of communications facilities and equipment including T-1, fractional T-1, E-1, fractional E-1, modems, multiplexers, CSU/DSUs, T-1 ESF CSUs, DTUs, NTUs and TIUs. It is supplied complete with V.35, RS232, RS422/RS530, X.21, DS1 (T-1, 1.544 Mbps) and G.703 (E-1, 2.048 Mbps) interfaces.
The Tester is supplied with a wall-mounted AC transformer. It comes with eight nickel metal hydride batteries. It also includes a built-it recharger.
E-1 and T-1 Tester
The user can choose from four operating modes: T-1, E-1, asynchronous and synchronous. A variety of test patterns can be inserted in all or selected time slots/DS0s, contiguous or non-contiguous, making the Tester ideal as a fractional E-1 and T1 tester.
In the E-1 and T-1 tester modes, the WAN Tester counts and displays bit errors, transmit and receive frequency, test seconds, bit error rate, and G.821 performance measurements (errored seconds, severely errored seconds, degraded minutes and available and unavailable times). In the T-1 tester mode it also displays receive level.
WAN Tester Product Features
- Tests asynchronous, synchronous, T-1, fractional T-1, E-1 and fractional E-1 facilities and equipment
- V.35, RS232, RS422/RS530, X.21, T-1 and E-1 interfaces
- Data rates from 50 bps to 16 Mbps
- Built-in speaker for monitoring DS0s or timeslots
- Displays G.821 performance measurements
- Terminate and Monitor
- Front Panel, VT100 console control or Command Line Interface
- AC and battery power